Image: NetherRealm Studios
While mastering all the combos and fatalities in Mortal Kombat 1 will be your top priority, worrying about how your character looks should not be left for last. Thankfully, there are quite a bunch of unlockables and customization options in the brand-new MK game. Here is how to unlock all custom skins in Mortal Kombat 1.
Mortal Kombat 1: Unlock all custom skins
To unlock custom skins you will have to play Mortal Kombat 1. Yeah, that’s right. Let me explain. Each unlockable, be it custom skins, color palettes, costumes, Brutalities, and even Fatalities will be unlocked by you playing the different game modes that the game has to offer. If you are wondering what you can do to unlock them, then go ahead and follow this list:
- Play the Kampaign. After each successful fight, you will unlock a specific set of gear that belongs to your character, enemy, or something random.
- Play Invasions and Towers. You will earn even more unique rewards and cosmetics for playing each of these game modes and landing victories.
- Level your character up. If you choose to play a specific character during Invasions of Towers, you will level up their mastery level. Each level unlocks a specific cosmetic item, including skins.
- Purchase skins with Dragon Krystals. If you are new to the game (that is, the modern video game, game), then you will notice that you will need to spend Dragon Krystals to get the premium and unique character skins in Mortal Kombat 1. You can only get Dragon Krystals by spending real money, so you get the point.
- Spend Koins in the Shrine: Koins are one of the three currencies available in MK1. Spend 1000 Koins in the Shrine to unlock items. Yes, RNG is here to stay.
Basically, it is a combination of skill and practice, with an added sprinkle of luck. Hopefully, you get to unlock the best-looking skins in the game in no time. Good luck and happy kombat!