Image via Night School Studio
Oxenfree II: Lost Signals is not as complex with its endings as its predecessor. After hours of trekking through Camena Coast and setting down transmitters, you are presented with fairly binary choices with differences based on your actions throughout the game. But you only get to make one choice per playthrough, so if you’re curious about the rest of them, here’s how to get all endings in Oxenfree 2.
Oxenfree 2: All Endings guide
Oxenfree II: Lost Signals is partially straightforward and partially choice with its endings. There is no secret ending, leaving the game with three basic endings.
At the end of the game, you have the option to send Riley, Olivia, or Jacob through the portal to close the gap. Jacob is not available as an option if you’ve alienated him during your game. These options change the ending sequence. After the sequence, you’ll be able to interact with a box full of various items. These items show the outcomes of smaller choices throughout the game.
If you send Jacob or Olivia through the portal, Riley wakes up back on the bench at the start of the game. Evelyn calls her on the walkie and informs her she did great planting transmitters to study endangered Cuckoos in Oregon. She doesn’t remember the events of the game. Alex comes over and talks to her about what happened. Her friends from the first game also walk by in the background.
After this, if Jacob was sent through, Riley finds Athena alone on the dock and talks to her. If Olivia is gone, Riley finds Jacob at the end of the dock with Athena and talks to him. Jacob will remember what happened.
By sending Riley through the portal, you’re instead treated to a sequence of an older Riley with Rex. The two run up the path and discuss how Rex is doing, seemingly happy together. It’s implied she’s been reliving this same basic sequence with Rex for a long time, trapped in a moment of eternal bliss.
The package: Main contents
- Parentage Masks: Multiple ominous theatre masks from the cult.
- Casette Tape: If you chose Riley or Olivia, Jacob will be on this tape, discussing his art gallery project. If you chose Olivia he’ll talk about how Riley was a major inspiration. If Jacob went into the portal, Maria will instead be on the tape discussing how Jacob can be sighted in the woods at night like a cryptid.
- Tape Recorder: If Olivia is here, this will play a session between Olivia and her therapist. If you alienated her, she has a bitter outlook on life. If you befriended her, she seems more optimistic and hopeful. Either way, she’s moved away. If Olivia went through, you’ll hear a recording of her asking her Dad if they can go to the park.
- A Map of Camena Cost: This is always the same. It’s just there to look at.
- Olivia’s Cell Phone: There will be a voicemail from Violet on it if she’s still alive. What she says depends on your outcome with her, Olivia, and Charlie. She may tell Olivia she hates her and that she messed up her and Charlie. She might be grateful to Riley for being there for Olivia. Or she’ll worry about Olivia and ask Riley to go on a hike with them.
- Shelley’s Badge: Whether you let Shelley live or die, her badge will be there.
- Alex’s Radio: Only there to look at.
- A Letter From Alex: If Riley goes through the portal, this letter is addressed to her father. If either Jacob or Olivia go through, it’s addressed to Rex.
The optional items
The last few are in the box depending on your choices.
- Jacob’s Gallery Ad: If you choose Olivia or Riley, Jacob opens up a Sasquatch gallery with his statues. It’s either open daily or only on tuesdays.
- Nick’s Dog Tag: If you send Nick through the portal, his dog tag is present.
- Cookie Tin: If you help Evelyn out by giving her advice on how to talk to her mother, there’s a cookie tin with a note of thanks.
- Mug: If you completed Maria’s sidequest, you’ll receive a mug with a thank you note on the back.
- Book: If you completed Hank’s sidequest, he sends you a copy of the book he wrote with the information you gave him.
If you’re curious, you can get a total of five characters killed in a single playthrough. But this is all there is to the endings of Oxenfree 2. Whether a third game comes out or not remains to be seen.