Over 250 console commands and cheat codes are available for you to use in Starfield, but not all of them are as helpful as you might think. Thankfully, we’ve done the hard work and compiled over 20 of the best and most helpful cheat codes in Starfield. In addition, we have also listed some of the best item IDs for all major categories.
So whether you’re looking to spawn a legendary spacesuit, attach mods to your favorite weapon, level up skills, or essentially spawn unlimited Credits and Digipicks, this best cheats and console commands guide has you covered.
How to Use Cheats and Console Commands in Starfield
To enter cheats and console commands in Starfield, you must first access the command console. To do so, press the Tidle (~) key while in-game or when using the menu system. The command console will now appear, and you can enter codes. Cheat codes currently only work on PC versions of Starfield.
Best Toggle Cheat Codes and Commands
- Toggle God Mode – Enables complete invincibility and unlimited ammo.
- Toggle Immortal Mode – Enables you to take damage, but you’ll never reach 0 health.
- Player Spellbook – Unlocks all available powers.
- Toggle Detect – NPCs will no longer detect you.
- Toggle Combat AI – Combat AI will no longer target you. This can be disabled and enabled by re-entering the code.
- Toggle No Clip – Character collision is disabled, allowing you to fly through walls, floors, and other objects. This can be disabled and enabled by re-entering the code.
Best Targeted Cheat Codes and Commands
- Spawn Items/Weapons/Armor/Credits – Specified items will be added to your character.
- Cheat Code: additem <Item ID> <Value>
- Attach Weapon and Armor Mods – Specified weapon mods will be applied to your reference weapon. An item’s Reference ID can be obtained while in the Command Console and clicking on any items dropped on the ground to reveal their Reference ID.
- Cheat Code: <Ref ID>.amod <OMOD ID>
- Remove Weapon and Armor Mods – Specified weapon mods will be removed from your reference weapon. An item’s Reference ID can be obtained while in the Command Console and clicking on any items dropped on the ground to reveal their Reference ID.
- Cheat Code: <Ref ID>.rmod <OMOD ID>
- Kill All NPCs – All NPCs in the area will be killed.
- Kill All Hostiles – All hostile NPCs in the area will be killed.
- Resurrect NPC – Selected NPC will be resurrected. For this command to work, you’ll need to select the NPC while in the console command menu, so their Reference ID appears, then enter the cheat code.
- Unlock Doors and Containers – Unlock your current target door or container. In order for this to be a success, you must first attempt to open the locked target before inputting the command.
- Show Sleep / Wait Menu – Quickly access the wait menu, allowing you to adjust time on the fly.
- Cheat Code: showmenu sleepwaitmenu
Best Player Cheat Codes and Commands
- Set Character Level – Your character is set to the specified level.
- Cheat Code: player.setlevel <Value>
- Add Items to Inventory – Specified items will be added to your inventory. See our Best Starfield Item IDs section below for a list of all the best and most commonly needed items in Starfield.
- Cheat Code: player.additem <Item ID> <Value>
- Spawn Items, NPCs, and Creatures at your Position – The specified item or creature will be spawned directly in front of your character.
- Cheat Code: player.placeatme <Item ID> <Value>
- Pay Off Bounties – Remain out of jail, keep all stolen items, and pay off any outstanding Bounties for a specified Faction.
- Cheat Code: player.paycrimegold 0 0 <Faction ID>
- Open Character Creator – Opens the character creator menu, allowing you to adjust your character’s appearance, name, background, and traits.
- Cheat Code: showlooksmenu player 1
- Remove Skills, Traits, and Backgrounds – The specified skill, trait, or background will be removed from your character. See our Perk, Trait, and Background IDs below.
- Cheat Code: player.removeperk <Perk ID>
- Add Skills, Traits, and Backgrounds – The specified skill, trait, or background will be added to your character. Do note that you will need to have a spare perk, trait, or background slot available in order to add a perk to your character. So, be sure to remove a perk first before attempting this command.
- Cheat Code: player.addperk <Perk ID>
You can spawn almost anything in Starfield with item IDs, whether it be Credits, Digipicks, Weapons, Legendary Spacesuits, and much more. While we have a growing list full of Item IDs for every major item category in our Starfield Item IDs and Codes for Console Cheats guide, we’ve compiled a small handful of some of our personal favorite spawn codes below:
- Add 1,000,000 Credits (value can be adjusted) – player.additem 0000000F 1000000
- Add a Breach Shotgun – player.placeatme 000547A3 1
- Add an Urban Eagle Pistol – player.placeatme 0026D96D 1
- Add a Legendary Spacesuit – player.placeatme 0007B2B9 1
- Add a Legendary Helmet – player.placeatme 0010A25E 1
- Add a Legendary Pack – player.placeatme 0010A25D 1