Furina is the next Hydro character joining the roster in Genshin Impact. To best take advantage of her strengths, you’ll need to know the best build and team comps for her. Here’s our guide for the best build and team comps for Furina in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact: Best build for Furina
First, to create the best build for Furina in Genshin Impact, let’s understand what exactly Furina offers for your team. Furina is the Hydro archon, historically a powerful element and home to some of the best units in the game. Furina is no different, but her kit takes some time to understand. To understand Furina, you’ll also need to understand Fontaine’s Arkhe system, which are special attacks only Fontaine characters can access. (The system takes some time to explain, so check out our guide here to fully understand it.)
Furina’s default state is the “Ousia” state, but she can actually change her alignment by using her Charged Attack. This makes her the only character in the game so far who can wield two different Arkhe alignments. (Her outfit will actually also change based on her alignment! If she is using the Ousia alignment, she will wear a darker outfit. If she is using the Pneuma alignment, her outfit is lighter.) Based on which alignment she is using, her Elemental Skill will have a different effect.
Ousia–aligned Furina is her default state. When you pop her Elemental Skill in this state, she will summon three water elementals that drift around the stage, dealing Hydro damage to enemies. However, when you swap to Pneuma, Furina will turn into a healer. She will summon a single water elemental based on her max HP. Therefore, different alignments will require different builds! For the sake of simplicity, we’ll go over the best-in-slot for each alignment, as well as the strongest free-to-play option for low-spenders.
Best weapons for Furina in Genshin Impact
- Splendor of Tranquil Waters: This weapon is Furina’s best-in-slot for her Ousia alignment, best contributing to her overall damage. This weapon is also Furina’s signature weapon. This weapon boosts Furina’s Crit Damage by up to 88% and boasts a passive that increases her Elemental DMG whenever her HP increases or decreases. When her allies lose or gain HP, her own Max HP will also increase by 14%, up to 2 times. This contributes to her damage and plays directly with her HP-draining mechanics.
- Festering Desire: This free-to-play weapon is an old event weapon and is her strongest option for her Ousia alignment if you don’t have access to her 5-star best-in-slot. This weapon provides a 45% Energy Recharge boost, as well as a great passive that increases her Elemental Skill’s damage by up to 32%. This also increases her Elemental Skill Crit Rate by up to 12%.
- An important caveat: this is an old event weapon! If you do not have access to this weapon, there is actually no way to obtain this weapon again. In this case, you’ll want to use a different option: the Fleuve Cendre Ferryman. This weapon requires you to fish in Fontaine to obtain a crafting recipe. This weapon boasts identical stats to the Festering Desire, but a slightly worse passive.
- Key of Khaj-Nisut: This is Furina’s best-in-slot option as a healer, and also a good alternative for her Ousia alignment if you don’t have access to her signature weapon. It boosts her max HP by 66%, increasing her healing and damage, and also provides some neat Elemental Mastery buff for her teammates.
- Favonius Sword: We recommend using the Favonius Sword for her support/healer build, as it boosts her Energy Recharge by up to 61% and also provides additional energy particles for her teammates. This is a generally popular Sword for support characters, so always have a couple of these built if you can!
Best artifacts for Furina in Genshin Impact
Furina can dish out some insane damage, so let’s take a look at some of the best artifacts for her in Genshin Impact:
- Golden Troupe: This is easily the best artifact set for Ousia-aligned Furina, as the majority of her damage comes from her Elemental Skill. The Golden Troupe can increase Furina’s Elemental Skill DMG by up to 70%. No other artifact set will come close to increasing her damage.
- 2pc HP/Golden Troupe: If you do not have a finished Golden Troupe set, you should aim to use at least a 2-piece Golden Troupe set and any 2-piece HP set. This will marginally increase her stats and bring her to a usable state.
- Tenacity of the Millelith: If you decide to use Furina as a healer, we recommend this artifact set. This will boost her HP and provide an ATK buff while using her Elemental Skill.
Genshin Impact: Best team comps for Furina
Furina is a flexible sub-DPS character and works amazingly with a lot of different characters from Fontaine who take advantage of HP-draining mechanics. Characters like Neuvillette and Wriothesley will constantly trigger Furina’s Elemental Burst’s Fanfare mechanic. However, to use Furina’s Elemental Skill to the fullest potential, you’ll need to ensure your allies’ HP remains above 50%, as this will give it a big damage boost. As such, you’ll need a strong healer alongside Furina as well.
Furina / Neuvillette / Fischl / Baizhu
Neuvillette is constantly draining and healing his own HP, allowing him to easily proc Furina’s Fanfare points while also remaining above 50% HP. However, we do want to bring a defensive unit. Baizhu is a great choice here, as he can provide heals and shields. Fischl provides additional off-field Electro DMG, also allowing this team to create Hyperbloom reactions.
Furina / Wriothesley / Shenhe / Jean
Jean is a fantastic healer for a Furina composition, as she provides consistent healing as well as teamwide healing. She is also an Anemo unit, allowing her to wield the Viridescent Venerer artifact set and lower the Elemental RES of her opponents. Furina works great in Freeze teams, and she can support Wriothesley well who is constantly draining his own HP. Shenhe will boost Wriothesley’s personal damage.
Furina / Kaedehara Kazuha / Xiangling / Bennett
As a Hydro unit, you’re probably curious as to whether or not she works in a Vaporize team. The Xiangling + Bennett core is always a popular pairing, and it’s common to pair them with a strong Hydro applicator such as Xingqiu or Tartaglia, as well as an Anemo support for increased damage. Furina works amazingly here, so you should be able to slot her into these teams with no issue.
That was our guide on the best build and team comps for Furina in Genshin Impact. Genshin Impact is now available on PC, mobile, and console platforms. Download the game from its official website.