In a game about huge, gravity-defying robots, you wouldn’t expect a deep and rather moving storyline. And yet, Armored Core 6 fleshes out the faceless characters you choose to fight or defend very well. Despite having no voice lines at all or any real personality to speak of, your character makes relationships and devastating decisions. The Armored Core 6 characters are what help you decide what it is you want to do in the game and which faction you will side with.
All Armored Core 6 characters
- Raven – Your character.
- Sulla – Attack the Watchpoint enemy
- Ayre – The spirit of the Rubicon.
- Handler Walter – Your handler as an Armored Core mercenary. He sets you up with the missions you need and stays mostly impartial to the goings on in Rubicon… Mostly
- ALLMIND – Weapon manufacturer and mercenary liaison.
- ‘Cinder’ Carla – Leader of RAD and a wicked engineer.
- Little Ziyi – Optional boss in retrieve the Combat Logs
- ‘Honest’ Brute – A boss guarding the weapon you need to take down the Ice Worm
- V.II Snail – Deputy commander of Arquebus and a real challenge to beat.
- V.IV Rusty – Oh Rusty, maybe the only friend we ever had.
Many of these personalities in Armored Core 6 are just another mech you need to wipe out on your gradual climb to victory. However, others, such as Cinders, Rusty, and Ayre, are all major players in the choices you make within the game. It is impressive to see a game, with absolutely no dialogue from the main character, build relationships and create thoughtful choices.
The choices you make will determine the ending you get in Armored Core 6, changing the characters you fight and the outcome you receive. Armored Core 6 has three very different endings, all determined by which missions you take and where your loyalties lie.